P/O J.R.Caister of No 603 Squadron became a P.O.W. on the 6th of September 1940 at 13:30hrs. He was shot down by fighters from JG 54 over the Channel near to Calais. He force landed his Spitfire I (X4260) in France.
P/O F.W.Cale was an Australian serving with No 266 Squadron flying Spitfires On the 15th of August 1940 Cale was shot down in his Spitfire I (N3168) near Maidstone, Kent at 18:50hrs. He was seen to bale out and his parachute opened. However all that can be located on the ground later is a parachute with burnt straps. Cale's body was recovered from the River Medway on the 16th of August 1940. He was aged 25.
S/L W.P.Cambridge of No 253 Squadron was shot down and killed on the 6th of September 1940 at 09:15hrs. He baled out of his Hurricane I (P3032) but was dead on landing.
P/O A.R. McL Campbell of No 54 Squadron was wounded in combat on the 24th of August 1940. His Spitfire I (X4019) was damaged by a Bf 109 over Manston at 10:40hrs.
P/O Norman Neil Campbell a Canadian flew with No 242 Squadron during the Battle of Britain. On the 17th of October he was killed when he crashed his Hurricane I (V6575) into the sea off Yarmouth after attacking a Do 17 at 09:00hrs.
Sgt A.W.Canham was with No 600 Squadron flying Blenheim's from May 1940 until January 1941, when the Air Gunners were all posted away due to the completion of the re-equipping with the Beaufighter. A.W.Canham was discharged from the RAF in 1943 on medical grounds.
P/O C.F.A.Capon of No 257 Squadron was wounded on the 12th of October 1940. He baled out of his Hurricane I (V7298) after combat with a Bf 109 over Dungeness at 17:00hrs.
F/Lt. Brian John George Carbury, the son of a veterinary surgeon, was born in Wellington, New Zealand on February 27 1918. The family later moved to Auckland where he attended King's College from 1932 to 1934, before becoming a shoe salesman at the Farmers' Trading Co., Auckland.  In 1937 B.J.Carbury went to England with the intention of joining the Royal Navy. However, when told that he was too old, he applied for a short service commission in the R.A.F. and was accepted.  In June 1938, his flying training completed, Carbury joined No 41 Squadron, flying Hawker Furies. In August 1939 he was attached to No 603 Squadron, stationed at Turnhouse, near Edinburgh. This unit was part of the Auxiliary Air Force, whose members - both pilots and ground staff - were only part-time airmen, doing their service in the evenings, weekends and on a two week annual summer camp. Carbury's task was to assist with Spitfire training. As war approached No 603 Squadron was organised for full-time service and Carbury's temporary attachment was made permanent in September. On 16 October 1939 a section of No 603 Squadron was scrambled and shot down a JunkersJu-88 bomber into the sea east of Dalkeith, the first German aircraft to be shot down over British territory since 1918. Carbury probably destroyed an He 111 on 7 December 1939 and claimed a third share in the destruction of another during January 1940. The next seven months were comparatively uneventful in Scotland and it was with some feeling of relief from the frustration of inactivity that No 603 Squadron moved south to Manston on the 27th of August 1940. Two days later on the 29th Carbury shot down his first Bf 109, on the 30th another and on the 31st he destroyed two He 111's and three more Bf 109's. In one of these actions he was slightly wounded in the foot. With three more Bf 109's destroyed in September Carbury was awarded the D.F.C.  Successful actions against Bf 109's continued in October 1940. On the 2nd of October he destroyed one over the Thames Estuary and sent another one down south-east of London on the 7th. Three days later Carbury was leading his section when he saw twenty Bf 109's on their way back to France. The three Spitfires attacked and Carbury shot down two of the enemy fighters, one going into the sea and the other crashing on the beach at Dunkirk. He damaged a Ju 88 on 14 October 1940. In late October, Carbury was awarded a Bar to the D.F.C., one of the few pilots given the double award during the period of the Battle of Britain. With his claimed destruction of fifteen enemy aircraft and another shared during the Battle, Carbury was among the five top-scoring pilots in RAF Fighter Command. No 603 Squadron returned to Scotland in December 1940. On Christmas Day Carbury was scrambled to intercept a Ju 88 reported off St Abb's Head, inflicting damage before the German aircraft turned for home. Early in 1941 Carbury was posted to be an instructor and did not fly operationally again. After leaving the RAF he lived in England until he passed away in July 1962.
P/O P.M.Cardell of No 616 Squadron made a forced landing at Ilford, Essex on the 1st of September 1940 at 16:45hrs. His Spitfire I (L1020) was a write off due do the damage but he escaped injury. On the 27th of September 1940 he was killed when he baled out of his  Spitfire I (N3244) after combat over the Channel. His parachute failed to deploy.
P/O C.F.Cardnell of No 23 Squadron and his crew ( Sgt C.Stephens ) were killed on the 8th of August 1940 whilst on night patrol. They crashed their Blenheim If (L1448) near Peterborough.
G/C Frank Reginald Carey was born on the 7th of May 1912 in Brixton South London. He was educated at Belvedere School, Haywards Heath, Sussex. He signed on as an Aircraft Apprentice after leaving school. He was  taught fitting and rigging at the apprentice school at Halton. He was then posted to No 43 Squadron (Fighting Cocks) for three years. He then went on an engineering course and applied for flight training. In 1935 he was posted back to No 43 Squadron at Tangmere as a Sergeant Pilot.  He proved to be a good aerobatic pilot in the Hawker Furies and was a regular at the air pageants at that time.  On the 30th of January 1940 F.R.Carey  scored No 43 Squadron's first kill of the war, adding two more before the end of February. He was awarded the D.F.M. on the 1st of March 1940 and commissioned. Carey was posted to No 3 Squadron, and was sent to France and scored his new Squadron's first kill, adding five more before being shot down and wounded. Frank Carey was awarded the D.F.C. and Bar on the 31st of May 1940. He rejoined No 43 Squadron's in mid June as a Flight Commander. On the 19th of June 1940 he shot down a Bf 109 and damaged another. He scored seven more kills as a member of No 43 Squadron including a Bf 110 on the 9th of July and another Bf 109 on the 19th of July.  On the 18th of August 1940 his Hurricane I (R4109) was damaged an he was wounded. He had been hit by a stray bullet in combat over Thorney Island and force landed near to Pulborough.  Frank Carey was awarded his second bar to the D.F.C. on the 24th of March 1942 and the A.F.C. on the 1st of January 1945.  He attained the rank of Group Captain C.B.E.,D.F.C. & two bars, A.F.C., D.F.M., Silver Star (American).
S/L D.Carlson was born in Owhango, New Zealand on October 4 1912, he was only just inside the twenty-five year age limit when he joined the RAF in August 1937. By the outbreak of war he was an experienced pilot and by 1941 was a flight commander with No 74 Squadron. On sorties in June and July 1941 he shot down two Bf 109's with two listed as probables and one damaged.
Sgt R.Carnall of No 111 Squadron was injured on the 16th of August 1940 when his Hurricane I (P3029) was shot down near Paddock Wood at 12:30hrs.
Sub/Lt J.C.Carpenter of No 46 Squadron was killed on the 8th of September 1940 at 12:30hrs. He baled out of his Hurricane I (P3201) after being shot down off Sheppey. He was buried at sea.
P/O J.M.V.Carpenter of No 222 Squadron Baled out of his Spitfire I (P9375) safely after combat with some fighters over Rochford on the 30th of August 1940 at 16:30hrs. On the 4th of September 1940 his Spitfire I (P9378) was shot down by British A.A. fire and was blown out of the cockpit. The Spitfire crashed at Boughton, Kent.
F/O M.K.Carswell a New Zealander from No 43 Squadron was forced to ditch his Hurricane I (L1744) in the English Channel off Cocquet Island on the 9th of  February 1940 due to engine failure during combat with a He 111.  He was picked up unconscious, by the vessel he was trying to protect and saved by C.P.R. After being off flying for three months, he was shot down over Dunkirk on the 1st of June 1940 in Hurricane I  (N2584), suffering burns. Carswell was picked up by a destroyer. 
He was shot down again on the 2nd of September 1940, following combat with  a Bf 109 near Ashford, Kent. He baled out of his Hurricane I (P3786) at 13:30hrs was burned and wounded by cannon splinters. On release from hospital he was grounded for medical reasons. He finally regained his flying category in April 1945. 
Sgt L.R.Carter of No 41 Squadron baled out  of his Spitfire I (X4554) on the 11th of October 1940 when he collided with F/O D.H.O'Niel in another Spitfire I (X4052) whilst climbing to engage some Bf 109's at 16:25hrs.
P/O Kenneth Maltby Carver of No 229 Squadron baled out of his Hurricane I (N2466) on the 11th of September 1940 at 16:20hrs. He was wounded during an attack on a He 111 over Maidstone in Kent.
P/O H.R.Case of No 72 Squadron was K.I.A. on the 12th of October 1940. He crashed near Folkestone in his Spitfire I (P9338) at 09:20, the cause was unknown.
P/O Lionel H.'Buck' Casson D.F.C. / A.F.C. of No 616 Squadron was in combat with a  Do 215 over Kenley on the 1st of September 1940 at 14:20hrs. His Spitfire I (R6778) was a write off due do the damage but he escaped injury.
P/O F.N.Cawse of No 238 Squadron was shot down in his Hurricane I (P3222) and killed by a Bf 109 on the 11th of August 1940, at 10:50hrs. He is buried at Cayeux, France, he was 25 years old.