F/O R.C.Dafforn of No 501 Squadron baled out of his Hurricane I (R4219) after combat over Biggin Hill on the 18th of August 1940 at 12:05hrs. He was not hurt.
F/L T.P.Dalton-Morgan of No 43 Squadron was wounded on the 13th of August 1940. He baled out of his Hurricane I (P3972) after combat with a He 111 near to Cocking Down at 06:50hrs. He was only slightly wounded. 
F/O B.W.J.D'Arcy-Irvine of No 257 Squadron was shot down in his Hurricane I (P3058) and killed over the Channel by a Bf 109 of JG 27 on the 8th of August 1940 at 12:0
Sgt E.V.Darling of No 41 Squadron was wounded on the 27th of September 1940 at 12:15hrs. He baled out of his Spitfire I (X4409) over West Malling after a dogfiht with a Bf 109.
P/O J.Daszewski from Poland served with No 303 Squadron. He was severely wounded on the 7th of September 1940 at 17:00hrs. He was shot down by a Bf 109 over the Thames Estuary. His Hurricane I (P3890) crashed near Loughton in Essex.
P/O J.A.J.Davey from No 1 Squadron was killed when he crashed and burned out his Hurricane I (P3172) on Sandown golf course on the 11th of August 1940 at 11:20hrs. He had been in combat with a Bf 110.
P/O William Dennis David flew Hurricane's with No 87 Squadron in the Battle for France. He stayed with them until October 1940 and then joined No 213 Squadron. He shot down 8 enemy aero planes and 5 unconfirmed in France an 7 confirmed in the Battle of Britain. W.D.David ended the war as a Group Captain.
P/O A.E.Davies of No 222 Squadron was K.I.A. on the 30th of October 1940. He was shot down by a Bf 109 over Sussex at 12:10hrs. 
His aircraft a Spitfire I (N3119) was repaired later and re-used.
F/O Carl Raymond Davis an American born in South Africa of American parents. He was sent to England when he was 13 to be educated at Sherbourne School, later going to Trinity College, Cambridge and McGill University. After there he became a mining engineer. In 1936 Davis joined No 601 Squadron, Aux Air Force and was commissioned in the August.  He was called for full-time service with No 601 Squadron flying a Hurricane's on August 27 1939. He shot down a Bf 110 on the 11th of  July 1940, added two more Bf 110's on the 11th of August 1940, then three more Bf 110's on the 13th. Davis was awarded the D.F.C. on the 30th of August 1940. C.R.Davis scored five more kills before himself being shot down and killed on the 6th of September 1940. His Hurricane I (P3363) was shot down in combat with a Bf 109 over Tunbridge Wells at 09:30hrs. It crashed, inverted, and burned out in the back garden of Canterbury Cottage at Matfield, Brenchley, near Tunbridge Wells. He was 29 and is buried in St Mary's churchyard, Storrington, Sussex.
P/O G.G.A.Davies of No 222 Squadron was wounded on the 31st of August 1940 at 18:15hrs. He was shot down by a Bf 109 over Tenterdern in his Spitfire I (P9337) and burned on the face and neck.
F/O P.F.M.Davies of No 56 Squadron was shot down on the 13th of August 1940 by  Bf 109's,  at 16:15hrs in his Hurricane I (N2429). He baled out over Sheppey with burns on his hands, arms, legs and face. These injuries rendered him medically unfit for operational flying, but he continued to serve first as a ferry pilot and then as a test pilot.
Sgt J.Davis joined No 54 Squadron on the 9th of August.1940. On the 31st of August 1940, was one of three pilots attempting to take off during a bombing raid. His Spitfire (possibly No N3110) was thrown over the boundary fence by a bomb blast just as it took off, and it crashed into the River Ingrebourne. The other two pilots were E.F.Edsall and A.C.Deere. Of Davis there was no sign. Two hours later he turned up at the main gate, unhurt and carrying his parachute. He had been thrown clear but, being unable to find a gap in the boundary fence, Davis had walked halfway around the aerodrome to get back in. J.Davis was awarded A.F.C. on the 3rd of April 1945.
Sgt P.O.Davis of No 222 Squadron crash landed his Spitfire I (R6773) on the 26th of October 1940 at 17:45hrs. His Merlin engine had caught on fire but he escaped injury.
Sgt W.L.Davis of No 249 Squadron was wounded on the 11th of September 1940. His Hurricane I (V6682) was shot down during an attack on a He 111 over Benenden in Kent. In 1941 he became a P.O.W after being shot down over enemy territory.
F/O P.J.Davies-Cooke of No 72 Squadron was killed on the 27th of September 1940 at 09:40hrs. His Spitfire I (N3068) had been shot down by a Bf 109 over Sevenoaks in Kent. He baled out but was dead when he landed.
F/O P.L.Dawburn from No 17 Squadron was on patrol on the 15th of July 1940 in a Hurricane (P3482). He crashed near Elsenham, Essex the aeroplane was a write off but he survived.