|No 92 Squadron was formed on the 1st
of September 1917 at London Colney and was disbanded on the7th of August
1919 at Eil. It was reformed from parts of No 601
Squadron on the 10th of October 1939 at Tangmere with Blenheim
If's. It re-equipped with Spitfire's
and was fully operational with them on the 9th of May 1940 and went on
to fly sorties over the French coast. The then went to South Wales for
a rest and to fly convoy patrols.
They moved to Biggin Hill on the 9th of August 1940 and
they were in the thick of the fighting. By the end of 1940 the Squadron
score stood at 127 German aircraft destroyed.