No 263 Squadron was formed on the 27/9/1918 and
was disbanded on the 30/6/1963
No 263 Squadron took little part in the Battle of Britain
and on the July 10th 1940 were based at Grangemouth in 13 Group. The C.O.
was S/L H.Eeles and on September 15th 1940 they were at Drem (non operational)
and the C.O. was then F/L T.P.Pugh.